BECOME A MEMBER TODAY
(see description of membership options and links to online membership applications below)
Join VRMA: Exclusive member benefits, resources and opportunities
Alone, you can survive. Together, we can prosper.
On your own, you can do well. But by joining together with other vacation rental professionals from around the world, you can do even better. From best practices to group purchasing to international public relations and internet referrals, the Vacation Rental Managers Association (VRMA) can build your bottom line and provide a stellar return on your investment.
Companies that operate on the property operations side of the vacation rental industry may select from three different membership categories. All three are explained below. Companies that sell a product/service to those on the property operations side of the industry are eligible for Vendor/Supplier Membership.
Some of the many benefits VRMA provides you and your company:
- Networking with peers: Reap thousands in savings and new sales with just one key tip
- Industry-leading education: Get expert information from the very best minds in the business
- Innovative events: Gain a year's worth of solutions while attending
- Discounted event registration: Get the best available rate on registration for all VRMA events
- "Discover Vacation Homes" public relations initiative: Build awareness of professionally managed vacation rentals(includes the television series "Getting Away Together" now airing on PBS member stations throughout the U.S.
- Business research: Receive free industry geo-analytics, and business benchmark analysis
- Group purchasing: Discover savings on items you buy every day
- Participate in Vacation Rental Switch, the online facility to take property details from vacation rental management companies and distribute these to online marketing/booking channels.
Membership is in the name of the company, not a specific individual. A Primary contact must be identified who will be the main representative for the company's membership. The Primary contact will receive all mailings including notices for renewal and voting plus the company's subscription to the printed publication The Review. Secondary representatives may be added at no additional cost and will receive electronic communications including information about association events, educational opportunities, and industry information.
Which membership category is right for you?
The correct membership category for your type of company will provide you with access to the association benefits and services most beneficial for you. To guide you in selecting the appropriate category, consider the following description of each. To apply for membership, use the link to the appropriate membership application in each category.
Full-service management company
- Company is properly licensed to do short term rentals in that jurisdiction
- Provides rentals a short term basis as defined by statute or, if not, 30 days or fewer
- Ensures whichever taxes are applicable for lodging are paid
- Manages at least five units
- Provides services to guest through entire rental process
- Provides oversight of property services (services to home, for guest and property management)
- Most likely markets to both consumers and vacation homeowners
- Is eligible for full benefits (includes option to participate on Vacation Rental Switch with $1,000 enrollment fee waived)
- Dues are calculated as a base fee plus per unit managed fee. Membership term is January – December.
- Complete a Manager membership application.
Limited service on property side
- Company is not engaged in full-service management as listed above
- Provides a service for at least two vacation rental units on behalf of third party owners (such as a transaction broker)
- Eligible for most association benefits listed above except those specific to managing vacation rentals such as participation on the Vacation Rental Switch, monthly Geo-Analytics reports, and some aspects of DiscoverVacationHomes initiative
- Dues are flat fee. Membership term is January – December
- Complete an online Associate membership application
Growth stage of professional management
- Does not meet qualifications for Manager Member
- Eligible for limited benefits including event registration discounts and all communications. Does not include participation on the Vacation Rental Switch
- This membership category not eligible for renewal as we fully expect the company to be eligible for Manager Membership at renewal
- Dues are a flat fee. Membership term is January – December.
- Complete a Start-Up membership application
So, whether you want to save thousands of dollars or prevent new legislation from destroying your business, take action today. Join VRMA Today!
For questions about membership, contact Jill Curtis, Director of Membership at email@example.com.